Who are we?
We are a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with more than 80,000 employees in more than 70 countries. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future.
Our global scale and business diversity will give you the flexibility to explore a variety of opportunities within Shell, so you can continuously grow your career.
Our Strategy: Powering Progress
Powering Progress sets out our strategy to accelerate the transition of our business to net-zero emissions. It is designed to create value for our shareholders, customers and wider society. Powering Progress has four main goals in support of our purpose, to power progress together by providing more and cleaner energy solutions. It is underpinned by our core values and focus on safety. Our four main goals are:
Generating shareholder value
Powering Progress generates value for our shareholders. It provides the financial strength to transform our company as the world makes the transition to cleaner energy
Achieving net-zero emissions
Powering Progress focuses on working with our customers and across sectors to accelerate the transition to net-zero emissions. A net-zero world is where society stops adding to the total amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
Powering Progress means powering lives and livelihoods through our products and activities, and by supporting an inclusive society.
Powering Progress also means respecting nature by protecting the environment, reducing waste and making a positive contribution to biodiversity.
Powering Progress is underpinned by our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people and our focus on safety. This includes our commitment to doing business in an ethical and transparent way.
Shell Graduate Programme
Join the Shell Graduate Programme and take part in our combined goal to power progress by delivering more and cleaner energy solutions. Working with global diverse individuals committed to the same purpose, you’ll experience a collaborative and inclusive environment that will enable you to thrive and work on creating change at scale. With your ideas and our support, we’ll work together to develop the energy solutions the world needs.
Your Learning Journey
Within your 2-3 year rotation in the programme, you’ll be moulded to be a future leader through on-the-job challenges, coaching and mentoring and formal training.
Tailored Graduate Development
Your unique Graduate Development Plan is an agreed course of action with your manager to help track your progress and steer your learning.
At the end of your programme, your performance and achievements will be reviewed and will determine your next steps for your career.
Choose the Shell path for you
Shell is one of the world’s largest companies, with variety of roles and opportunities, globally. To help you find the best place for your skills, we’ve organised our Graduate Programme into three distinct business areas:
• Human Resources
• Supply Chain
• Information and Digital Technology
o Trading and Supply
Life beyond learning
Along with opportunities to learn and grow, we want your first years at Shell to be enjoyable, sociable, and to help you develop other skills that are vital for a promising career, from communication to building relationships. Day-to-day life at Shell gives you plenty of chances to meet people, network and really enjoy the social side of work. Whatever your interests, in many locations there’s likely to be Shell sports and social groups. At Shell, work-life balance is highly valued, as is community.
What are your sustainably initiatives?
Emission Reduction Targets and Approaches:
• Shell aims for net-zero emissions by 2050.
• Strategies include portfolio changes, decommissioning old plants, improving energy efficiency, transitioning refineries into low-carbon energy and chemicals parks, increasing renewable electricity usage, and developing carbon capture and storage (CCS).
• Despite divestment in 2022, new investments may increase Shell’s Scope 1 and 2 emissions between 2023-2030. However, the net carbon intensity of the products sold will decrease.
Holland Hydrogen 1:
• Europe’s largest renewable hydrogen plant, operational by 2025.
• Located in Rotterdam, it’ll produce up to 60,000 kilograms of renewable hydrogen daily.
• The hydrogen will replace some grey hydrogen usage in refineries, helping to decarbonize energy products and potentially commercial road transport.
• Among Europe’s largest biofuels facilities, producing 820,000 tonnes/year of Sustainable Aviation Fuel and Renewable Diesel from waste, operational by 2024.
• It could reduce CO2 emissions equivalent to removing over 1 million European cars from roads.