Ahold Delhaize is one of the world’s largest food retail groups and a leader in both supermarkets and e-commerce. Its family of great local brands serves 54 million customers each week, both in stores and online, in the United States, Europe, and Indonesia. Together, these brands employ more than 410,000 associates in 7,137 grocery and specialty stores and include the top online retailer in the Benelux and the leading online grocers in the Benelux and the United States.
Ahold Delhaize brands are at the forefront of sustainable retailing, sourcing responsibly, supporting local communities and helping customers make healthier choices. The company’s focus on four growth drivers – drive omnichannel growth, elevate healthy and sustainable, cultivate best talent and strengthen operational excellence – is helping to fulfil its purpose, achieve its vision and prepare its brands and businesses for tomorrow. Together we work from our head offices in Zaandam to make our customers’ lives a little bit easier and better, every day. In the Netherlands, our brands Albert Heijn, Gall&Gall and Etos fill the streets with over 2500 stores, and employs over 100.000 highly motivated associates.
We are a company that encourages growth and development so everyone can reach their full potential. We give people the chance to gain new skills and build the right capabilities for the future. With challenging opportunities across the globe to learn and try new things, great teammates and supportive leaders, we all get the individual support we need to develop personally and professionally.
We offer the following tracks for young professionals:
- Hét Retail Management Traineeship (Albert Heijn)
- International Finance Traineeship (Ahold Delhaize)
- International HR Traineeship (Ahold Delhaize)
- Multiple internship opportunities, we hire around 300 interns per year (Ahold Delhaize)
What are your sustainable initiatives?
- own brand healthy food sales should be well above 55% by 2025
- reduce carbon emission from brands’ own operations by 50 % in 2030
- reduce foodwaste by 50% from 2016-2030
- achieve 100% recyclable, reusable and compostable plastic packaging from own brand products
- reach net zero carbon emission across our own operations by 2040
- become a net zero business across our entire supply chain, products and services by 2050